Careers and Internships
Job Opportunities & Internships
Seatuck is seeking a motivated individual to assist and support overall fundraising operations.
- Assist in and support overall fundraising operations
- Plan, organize and manage fundraising events aimed at increasing revenue and visibility
- Cultivate relationships with potential & existing donors
- Create and publish event content on Seatuck social media platforms
- Work with Development Director (DD) and Executive Director (ED) on special projects
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years of experience in non-profit fundraising or event planning preferred
- Experience creating and publishing social media content
- Experience working with donor database
- Excellent customer service skills, as well as verbal and written communication skills
Please email your cover letter & resume to email@example.com.
School Year Opportunities
Seatuck offers volunteer opportunities for college and high school students throughout the school year. These can be ongoing year- or semester-long arrangements, or short-term participation with various projects. For more information please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seatuck hosts several college students each summer for a variety of internship opportunities. These positions, which focus on different aspects of the organization’s work, are intended to last for 8 to 12 weeks, with interns working a weekly schedule that can vary depending on availability. Seatuck interns are tasked with substantive projects within their area of interest, but are also expected to wear multiple hats in contributing to the various work of the organization.
All positions are unpaid, with the exception of the Laskowski Fellowship, which includes a small stipend. The internship is based at the South Shore Nature Center in East Islip and is focused on improving/maintaining a native pollinator garden (the Laskowski Garden), as well as serving as a public ambassador and assisting with Seatuck’s summer educational programming.
To apply for a summer internship, please send a letter of interest and a resume to email@example.com with “Summer Internship” in the subject line. In the letter, please indicate your field of interest.